american flag waving on the blackwood campus

Veteran Services

Effective August 1, 2021, with the passing of Public Law 116-315, Section 1010; it is now required for Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill® recipients attending an Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) to verify their enrollment status every month to receive their Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments. Enrollment can be certified on the VA website at

If a student fails to certify for two consecutive months, VA will withhold monthly housing allowance payments until the student certifies their enrollment.

Pursuing higher education is a major step in transitioning from military to civilian life. The staff of the Veteran Services Center is here to help you use your benefits to achieve a successful future through a college education.

When you enroll at Camden County College, you’ll find a community of faculty and staff dedicated to helping veterans achieve their education and career goals. You can choose from a variety of academic programs that make achieving your educational and career goals convenient, including online programs of study, day, evening and weekend schedules. Our degree and certificate programs can help you enter the job market or you can continue at a four-year institution through our transfer programs.

In addition, Camden County College has established relationships with the Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Centers to assist you with your transition to college and civilian life.

Services Available

Camden County College offers services for Veterans and Veterans’ Spouses and Dependents.

military friendly school award

Services offered:

  • Educational Benefit and GI Bill® Application and Certification
  • VA Work-Study Information and Opportunities
  • Access to Advisement, Tutoring, Registration and Business Office Services
  • Referrals to Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Services
  • Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Services
  • Assistance in identifying Federal, State and County Services
  • VA student lounges where you can meet with fellow veterans

Steps to Enroll

STEP 1: Get Ready
Complete the application for admissions online.
You will receive an acceptance letter which will include your student identification number.

STEP 2: Get Credit
Arrange to have formal transcripts of all previous college coursework and prior military training transcripts sent to the Camden County College Records and Registration Office. Learn more about credit for prior learning.

STEP 3: Get Set
Complete the placement test and meet with the veteran services adviser or an academic advisor National Guard/Reservists – sign up with your unit for the Federal Tuition Assistance or Tuition Waiver programs if you are eligible. There is more information provided below under the Benefits and Eligibility Information section.

STEP 4: Get Benefits
Complete VA form 22-1990 Application for Veterans Benefits online at Once you get your Certificate of Eligibility or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), go to the Veteran Services Office.

Paperwork to Bring

All Student Veterans, Spouses or Dependents
If you are using VA Education Benefits you must fill out the Veteran’s Enrollment Certificate form every semester and submit it to the Veteran Services Office.

two people signing papers

Certificate of Eligibility

Spouses and Dependents
Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veteran Services Office.

National Guard/Reservists
Bring a copy of your Notice of Eligibility (NOBE) or your Certificate of Eligibility.

If you using the New Jersey National Guard Tuition Waiver, see the process on the National Guard Tuition Waiver Program page under the Benefit and Eligibility Information.

Benefit & Eligibility Information

woman in us army uniform sitting in front of a door
Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)

You are eligible if you served a minimum of 90 consecutive days on active duty after September 10, 2001. This benefit becomes effective August 1, 2009. Eligibility expires 15 years from the date of the last discharge from active duty.


Forever GI Bill®

Eligibility is the same as the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. The law removes the 15 year time limitation for the use of Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits for individuals whose last discharge or release from active duty is on or after January 1, 2013, children of deceased Servicemembers who first become entitled to Post-9/11 GI Bill® program benefits on or after January 1, 2013, and all Fry spouses. Check out the VA website for further information on the Forever GI Bill®.


Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30)

You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985; your pay was reduced by $100 per month for the first 12 months of service; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.


Selected Reserves (Chapter 1606)

You are eligible if you incurred a six-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or the National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed initial active duty training and are serving in good standing in your unit.


Veteran Readiness & Employment (Chapter 31)

You are eligible if you suffered a service-connected disability while on active-duty and need vocational rehabilitation because of the disability.

Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)

The new Forever GI Bill® law decreases the amount of entitlement that new eligible individuals will receive from 45 months to 36 months. This change applies to individuals who first enroll in programs of education after August 1, 2018. Individuals who first enrolled in a program of education prior to August 1, 2018, would still qualify for a maximum of 45 months of entitlement. This law also increases the amount of educational assistance payable for the pursuit of institutional courses.

The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship)

Children and surviving spouses of an active duty member of the Armed Forces who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001 are eligible for this benefit. Children are eligible as of their 18th birthday (unless they have already graduated high school). A child may be married or over 23 and still be eligible, although their eligibility will end on their 33rd birthday. A spouse will lose eligibility to this benefit upon remarriage. A spouse has 15 years from the date of the death of the Service member to use the benefit.

The Forever GI Bill® removes the 15-year time limitation for children of deceased Service members who first become entitled to Post-9/11 GI Bill® program benefits on or after January 1, 2013, and all Fry spouses.

(MyCAA) Scholarship for Military Spouses


Federal Tuition Assistance


National Guard Tuition Waiver Program

Learn More

Veterans Outpost Lounges

american flag in from of the Camden Campus

We provide a place for you to be able to study, relax, and meet with other veterans. It has a couch, microwave, water cooler, refrigerator, and a Keurig. In addition, there are computers for you to use to get your schoolwork done. There are two lounges, one on the Blackwood campus and one at the Camden City campus. The Blackwood lounge is located in the Community Center, Room 202A. The Camden City lounge is located in College Hall, Room 208

VA Pending Payment Provision

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch. 33) or Veterans Readiness and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:

  • Prevent the students enrollment
  • Assess a late penalty fee to
  • Require student secure alternative or additional funding
  • Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.

Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 student cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.

  • Provide written request to be certified via the Veteran’s Enrollment Certificate
  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies



The appearance of any Department of Defense entities, images, or student testimonies, on this or subsequent pages or links to pages does not convey or imply that the Department of Defense directly or indirectly endorses any product or service provided, or to be provided, by Camden County College (CCC), its successors, assignees, or licensees.

The appearance of hyperlinks to Department of Defense commands, units, and or activities, does not constitute the endorsement by the Department of Defense, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Marine Corps, etc. of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. The Department of Defense, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Marine Corps, etc. does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find on this website or the provided hyperlinks. Such information and links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of the CCC website.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at

Contact Information

Camden County College Veteran Services Center
Blackwood Campus, Taft Hall, Room 303
Zaida Nogué, Veteran Services Advisor
(856) 374-4960